Who is the first transgender model ever to appear on a runway? – Time
- by admin
June 25, 2018 08:00:58When you think of the word “transgender” you might think of models like Caitlyn Jenner, but that’s just not true.
A woman who transitioned from male to female has become the first ever model to appear in a runway show.
Dani, a trans woman from New Zealand, said her journey was helped by the support of her family, who have welcomed her with open arms.
“My family, they are supportive, and my mum said, ‘I know you’re doing it for the right reasons’, but they were very supportive of me in my transition,” Dani said.
Danes first modelling gig was on a photo shoot in 2008, but she has since appeared on a number of international stages.
In 2018, she was named an ambassador of the International Transgender Day of Remembrance, in which she received a standing ovation from delegates in London.
The 26-year-old said the decision to show up in a fashion show in Sydney’s Kings Cross was “really big”.
“I felt like I was at home,” she said.
“The people were really supportive, the crowd was great.
It was very moving.”
Dani said she has never been happier to be a woman.
“I’m so excited for my life, I feel like I’m on the path to a new life, which I’m so happy to be on.”
June 25, 2018 08:00:58When you think of the word “transgender” you might think of models like Caitlyn Jenner, but that’s…
- How to save for a new pair of shoes for your next trip to LA
- When does your favorite designer dress like an old woman?
- A woman has been charged with murdering her husband and then selling his body parts on eBay
- Female 90s Fashion Week: Fashion Tape Fashion magazine is featuring a new
- When a new season of ‘The Simpsons’ begins, fans can get a ‘Wholesale Fashion Nova Costume’ from Michaels